Friday, February 21, 2014

Thing 3

I played with the Google Goggles option in the Google Search app. I am at the library, so I am mostly restricted to objects like books, movies, and tissue boxes. I found it to be pretty reliable in identifying books and movies (although not always in the language I zapped). It took me directly to pages where those items could be purchased. I can see how a library patron might use this to find a book available for purchase that she had checked out from the library collection.

Alas, Google Goggles did not recognized the "Hot reads for cold nights" logo on my coffee mug. :)

2 comments:

  1. Cool idea! It's one step closer to my wish for an app where you can scan an ISBN in a bookstore and tap on "Find in my Library"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg - You are half way to your 5 Badge. Keep "playing" with these Things.

    ReplyDelete